Zingerman's Bakehouse (Recipe Books, Baking Cookbooks, Bread Books, Bakery Recipes, Famous Recipes Books) (Hardcover)
Not in Stock - Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
This is the must-have baking book for bakers of all skill levels.
Find your favorite Bakehouse recipes: Since 1992, Michigan's renowned artisanal bakery, Zingerman's Bakehouse in Ann Arbor, has fed a fan base across the United States and beyond with their chewy-sweet brownies and gingersnaps, famous sour cream coffee cake, and fragrant loaves of Jewish rye, challah, and sourdough. It's no wonder Zingerman's is a cultural and culinary institution. To coincide with its 25th anniversary, Bakehouse co-owners Emberling and Carollo have crafted a cookbook that intimately blends the business's unique history and philosophy of service with never-before-published recipes for its best-loved baked goods.
- Features 65 meticulously tested, carefully detailed recipes in a beautiful hardcover book.
- Showcases more than 50 color photographs and bountiful illustrations.
- Includes behind-the-scenes stories of the business that enrich this collection of best-of-kind, delicious recipes for every "I can't believe I get to make this at home!" treat.
- Notably, the book includes a wealth of traditional Hungarian and Jewish foods.
- Contains 8 chapters featuring various topics that are full of fantastic recipes, as well as a recipe index so you can quickly find the one you're looking.
- Makes an excellent gift for any fan of Zingerman's or anyone who appreciates a good bakery treat.
About the Author
Amy Emberling and Frank Carollo are master bakers and the co-owners of Zingerman's Bakehouse. They live in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Antonis Achilleos is a food and lifestyle photographer based in New York City.
Finally, master bakers Amy Emberling and Frank Carollo's Zingerman's Bakery (Chronicle, $29.95) celebrates the Michigan artisanal bakery's 25th anniversary with 65 of their most popular recipes. Delightful breads, brownies, cookies, and breads are all represented, accompanied by easy-to-follow recipes and 50 full-color photographs. For something sweet, try Ginger Jump-Up Cookies or Bakehouse Brownies. Savory? Parmesan Pepper Bread or Detroit Style Pizza. And when you're done with those, there are 61 more! --Stefanie Hargreaves , editor, Shelf Awareness for Readers
Founded in 1982, Zingerman's-a household name in Ann Arbor, MI-has grown from a single delicatessen to a thriving community of food-related businesses. One of these is Zingerman's Bakehouse, a bakery specializing in artisanal breads and pastries. To coincide with its 25th anniversary, Bakehouse co-owners Emberling and Carollo have crafted a cookbook that intimately blends the business's unique history and philosophy of service with never-before-published recipes for its best-loved baked goods. All home bakers will recognize its merit, made visible in precise recipes (e.g., Detroit-style pizza, coconut cream pie, chestnut baguettes, pecan sandies with bacon), stunning photographs, and deeply reflective storytelling. Notably, the book includes a wealth of traditional Hungarian and Jewish foods. VERDICT A stellar all-purpose baking collection for every skill level.