The third New York Times bestseller in John Lithgow’s satirical poetry series.
Following the success of Dumpty
and Trumpty Dumpty Wanted a Crown
, award-winning actor, author, and illustrator John Lithgow presents the third book in his runaway hit series. While the blatant corruption and abuse of power of the Trump era was shocking, it was actually nothing new. In A Confederacy of Dumptys
, Lithgow shifts his focus to some of the biggest scoundrels in American history, from Richard Nixon to Newt Gingrich, Leona Helmsley to the Sackler family. He deftly wields the power of the limerick and line-drawing to describe despicable events such as Watergate and the January 6th insurrection. American history, Lithgow reveals, is rife with powerful and deeply crooked men and women.
Delivered in verse filled with his trademark wit and cutting humor, and accompanied by clever illustrations, this exuberant book tells the stories—corrupt, criminal, or just plain crummy—of history’s long-forgotten villains and today’s most prominent bad actors.
Digital audio edition read by author John Lithgow.
BELOVED AUTHOR: John Lithgow has delighted audiences for decades, starring in hit TV series like 3rd Rock from the Sun
, and The Crown
, and in critically acclaimed films such as The World According to Garp
, Terms of Endearment
, and Bombshell
. He has published several beloved children’s books.
BESTSELLING SERIES: All three books in Lithgow’s political satire series, Dumpty, Trumpty Dumpty Wanted a Crown
, and A Confederacy of Dumptys
, have become New York Times
bestsellers and garnered critical and popular acclaim.
NOT JUST TRUMP: Where the previous books in the series took aim squarely at Trump, this book captures a wider array of present-day scoundrels and historical wrongdoers. A Confederacy of Dumptys
provides plenty of entertainment and insight for the post-Trump era and serves as a potent reminder to not repeat history.
- Fans of the previous books in the series: Dumpty and Trumpty Dumpty Wanted a Crown
- Humor fans: readers of books like Don’t Sit on My Bed by Phoebe Robinson, If You Gave a Pig the White House, and fans of classic comics such as The Far Side
- Readers of political nonfiction such as Midnight in Washington by Adam Schiff, On Tyranny: Graphic Edition by Timothy Snyder, or The Trump Tapes by Bob Woodward
- Political satire lovers and fans of Stephen Colbert, Trevor Noah, Jon Stewart, or Chelsea Handler
- Makes a great gift or stocking stuffer for dads, political junkies, poetry lovers, and history buffs
A New York Times Bestseller!