Join us on Crowdcast on November 10 at 7 PM for a story time and drawing activity with Adam Rex, author of On Account of the Gum as we jump into a virtual Children's Book Week 2020!
Questions about joining an online event? Email email@example.com for more info.
About the Book
On Account of the Gum is a book about how the best intentions lead to some of the worst (and funniest) ideas!
Serious humor abounds in this story about one kid's hilarious misadventures with gum, and the cumulative buildup of stuff stuck in hair.
From the madcap mind of Adam Rex comes a book about the improbable, downright bizarre remedies for a problem kids have faced since the creation of gum.
• Features hilarious text with unexpected turns and fun rhymes
• Wacky suggestions make this prime for constant giggles and repeat reading
• Author Adam Rex has a funny, smart, and relatable style
How do you get gum out of your hair—a pair of scissors? Butter? The cat? Call your aunt, she'll know what to do. She doesn't? Try the fire department!
With each page turn, this situation—relatable to any family—grows stickier and more desperate.
• A wonderful blend of light wordplay, zany humor, and a timeless topic
• Perfect for fans of The Day the Crayons Quit and If You Ever Want to Bring an Alligator to School, Don't!
• Great gift for parents, grandparents, teachers, librarians, booksellers, and educators who are looking for a funny, relatable tale to read out loud
• Add it the the shelf with books like We Don't Eat Our Classmates by Ryan T. Higgins, The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors by Drew Daywalt, and The Bad Seed by Jory John.
About the Author
Adam Rex is the author and illustrator of many beloved picture books and novels, including Nothing Rhymes with Orange, Why?, Unstoppable!, The True Meaning of Smekday (which was made into the major motion picture Home), and the New York Times bestseller Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich. He lives in Tucson, Arizona.
This event is free and open to the public. To register, please click here.
Get Your Copy
Get your copy of On Account of the Gum below!