Join us on Monday October 12 at 10am on Crowdcast for a picture book story time with author and illustrator Combo Matthew Burgess and Catia Chien, for their new book The Bear and the Moon.
About the Book
The Bear and the Moon is a picture book that follows what happens when the gift of a balloon floats into Bear's life.
The two companions embark on a journey—a magical tale that encompasses the joys of friendship and discovery.
This is a gentle book filled with humor, while tackling complex topics like the transcendence of loss and forgiveness.
• Filled with emotive text and radiant illustrations
• Simply told and profoundly felt
• Award winning author-illustrator team
The Bear and the Moon is a compassionate tale that honors the small but profound world of the very young.
This sweet book teaches social and emotional skills to kids, and offers a clever way to soothe some of our most difficult feelings: loss and guilt.
• Just as ideal for gently soothing young readers to sleep as it is for encouraging a contemplative break from an energetic day
• Great for parents, grandparents, and caregivers looking for a beautiful friendship or bedtime story
• Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
• Perfect for children ages 3 to 5 years old
• Add it to the shelf with books like Waiting by Kevin Henkes, Emily's Balloon by Komako Sakai, and Stellaluna by Janell Cannon.
About the Author and Illustrator
Matthew Burgess is an assistant professor at Brooklyn College and a poet-in-residence in NYC schools through Teachers & Writers Collaborative. His award-winning first childrens book, Enormous Smallness: A Story of E. E. Cummings, was a Junior Library Guild selection and an ALA Notable Childrens Book. He lives in Brooklyn, New York.
Cátia Chien is a visual artist, storyteller, and public speaker. Her beloved picture books have won numerous awards including a gold medal from the Society of Illustrators for The Sea Serpent and Me and the ALA Schneider Family Book Award for A Boy and a Jaguar. Her art has been shown in galleries worldwide including the Beijing National Gallery and the Bologna Children's Book Fair exhibition. She was born and raised in São Paulo, Brazil to Taiwanese parents and now lives in Brooklyn, NY. Her upcoming book is The Bear and the Moon written by Matthew Burgess.
Register for this event
This event is free and open to the public. To register, please click here.
Get Your Copy
Get your copy of The Bear and the Moon below!